Messy play lends hugely to your child’s cognitive and creative development. It is a daily activity within our rooms, allowing children to pour, mix, squeeze and squelch their way through paint, glue, glitter and clay. Children also enjoy indoor and outdoor experiences throughout their sessions, and with all this in mind, it’s important that parents send their child to nursery in the most appropriate attire. Please take note of the following clothing advice;
- Tops with sleeves that can be rolled up easily.
- As your child will be playing inside an outside they will be extremely active throughout the day. Therefore, we ask that parents choose comfortable shoes instead of fashionable shoes or flipflops style sandals as these can be dangerous.
- When dressing your child in boots for wet weather, please also send them in with a pair of indoor shoes. We ask that these be provided in a separate bag.
- Please provide a set of spare clothes in case your child gets messy or wet while playing.
- We strongly advise against valuable or expensive clothes, as they are likely to get messy.
We provide every child with their own peg to hang their clothes on. In the event of items being mislaid or lost, please place your child’s name inside such garments as gloves, scarves, boots and coats.